A third-party Suru icons for Ubuntu 18.04
An elegant, modern and sweet Suru icons based on Suru Icons by Sam Hewitt
- I offer support only for Ubuntu. Therefore, my icons theme must remain minimal. I will not offer support for several distributions or will solve bug for non-Ubuntu-based distributions. No support for Kubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu.
- My goal is only providing adding icons of third-part apps and not icons of distributions systems.
- If you want support for non-Ubuntu several distributions, as Arch-based, KDE and Linux Mint, you must consider my collaborator's alternative icon themes: Suru++ (Complete)
Here are new repositories! Click them to visit
- Suru++ Asprómauros — a monochromatic icons theme for users of dark environments
- Suru++ Dark — a dark Suru++ icons theme for users of dark environments
- Suru++ Lubuntu — for users of Lubuntu
- Suru++ Dark Lubuntu — for Lubuntu users of dark environments
- Suru++ Telinkrin — A desaturate-blue-coloured icons theme for users of Telinkrib GTK
Some icons are not applied correctly
Some apps, as AppImage-built, Snap-built and dpkg-installed apps do not use relative path or relative icon. They use absolute path. Other apps use misleading icon name, for example, GitHub Desktop uses the
It is why my collaborator gusreis11989 provided the desktop configuration files for you. Put them in
~/.local/share/applications. We recommend you to back the desktop configuration files up when you intend to make a clean install or reinstall your distribution.
Some icons are not applied correctly and look bad in KDE.
Because of this, I will no longer offer support for KDE due to these bugs. The KDE environment itself does not apply correctly the icons.
Do you support for other distributions, as Arch Linux, Linux Mint, etc.?
No, because if I will add everything, it will cause a lot of bugs and increase the file size. I would not like to work with bugs and to have headache. I prefer focusing only on Ubuntu distributions.
Therefore, you must consider my collaborator's alternative icon theme if you ant this support: Suru++ (Complete).
Installation without CLI
For users of before Ubuntu 18.04 and any old and new Debian-derived distributions.
For users of Ubuntu 18.04.
Installation with CLI
For users of old Ubuntu versions, Ubuntu 16.04 and any Debian-derived distributions.
For users of Ubuntu 16.04.4 and above, Ubuntu 18.04, Kali Linux and any new Debian-derived distributions.
Bugs and reports
Please, fill an issue, providing well-detailed information at:
List of issues
If you want to improve our repository, please fork it and make a pull request at GitHub.
Visit changelog list
Thanks specially to gusreis1989 for the collaboration
GPL3 (c) 2018 Suru++ Andrea Bonanni and Gustavo Costa